IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATIONLearn more about this agency
This is a term position not to exceed two years and may be extended two years.
This is an episodic, intermittent position, on an irregular or occasional basis with hours and days of work not on a prearranged schedule and with compensation for the actual time employed or for service rendered.
- Administer complex therapeutic health services care for patients during a medical emergency mission or other assignment under the direction of the Team Leader and/or a physician.
- Assist physician in determining the appropriateness of prescribed therapist/procedures based on therapeutic goals and monitors goals.
- Perform all routine technical, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as intermittent positive pressure breathing, aerosol therapy (treatments and continuous; both with and without pharmacological agents; chest physiotherapy, postural drainage, oxygen therapy, suctioning and sputum induction/collection and incentive spirometry from children to adults.
- Determine the effectiveness and/or need for change in the therapy being administered.
- Clean, set up, and check the operation of basic respiratory equipment such as flow meter, humidifier, hand ventilators, entrainment masks, oxygen tank and regulators.
- Work closely with other Respiratory Therapists and Respiratory Therapy Technicians in training, preparedness and response/recovery operations.
76% or greater - 95% Domestic and 5% international travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496085100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.