This vacancy announcement will be open from Date to Date or when 100 applications have been received. The vacancy will close on whichever day the first of these conditions are met. If the application limit is reached on the same day the announcement opened, the open and close date will be the same. Candidates are encouraged to read the entire announcement before submitting their application packages.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Library Services and Content Management, Government Publishing Office in Washington , District of Columbia.
The Selectee will work shift 1 Monday- Friday and a tour of duty from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Serves as a Library Technical Services Support Librarian in the Library Technical Services Support Section in Library Technical Information Services. Library Technical Information Services (LTIS) is responsible for all of GPO's acquisitions, metadata, and cataloging efforts including those associated with the National Bibliography Program (NBP) mandated by Sections 1710, 1711, and 4101 of Title 44 U.S.C. The mission of Library Technical Information Services is to acquire and create bibliographic and metadata records for the complete range of U.S. Government publications, and provide access to and distribution of bibliographic data through catalogs, record distribution and products and services. The Library Technical Services Support Section supports the mission of LTIS by creating, managing and delivering bibliographic products and services that are used by library customers in the Federal Depository Library Program, the library community at large, commercial vendors and customers in the publishing industry community, and the public. Library Technical Services Support Section also procures and manages automated applications used by LTIS, including the Integrated Library System (ILS) - Ex Libris' Aleph 500 product and associated applications including Metalib, and facilitates training opportunities for all staff in LTIS.
This vacancy is also being announced under Merit Promotion procedures. If you wish to be considered under Merit Promotion or non-competitive procedures, you must apply to announcement number 18-10177832-MP-ST for consideration.
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement.
As a Librarian (Automation), your typical work assignments may include the following:
- The incumbent performs a variety of professional level duties in support of the Bibliographic Control Section, LTIS, the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) and Information Dissemination.
- Participates in evaluating and defining functional specifications for and providing technical advice and analysis for LTIS systems and applications, including the ILS.
- Provides technical support for and carries out the day-to-day operations of automated applications used to support the work of LTIS.
- Works with other staff of LTIS to improve workflow using automated systems. Assists in the development of new bibliographic products and new services utilizing functionality of the integrated library system to improve access to U.S. Government information.
- Plans, documents, and coordinates policy and procedures in assigned areas of responsibility. Ensures the currency and applicability of written documentation.
- Determines the need for and manages the creation/production of training materials including manuals and administrative guides, working with other areas within Information Dissemination as needed
- Provides technical input to the administration of library technical services contracts; may serve as Contracting Officers Technical Representative (COTR).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495994400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.