About the Position: This is an exceptionally busy, fast-paced, highly visible environment with multiple competing priorities at any one time. The dynamic is ever changing, the work tasks are very detailed with minimal allowance for error and the expectation is that we are all one team.no one is a star. Personnel are professionally attired and comport themselves with the utmost sensitivity, calm, resourcefulness, tact and diplomacy. This is a very active position with routine (multiple daily) crossings across a 246 acre campus where personal initiative, organizational skills, computer literacy and expertise, humility, physical stamina and discretion are expected and utilized on a daily basis. Parking at WRNMMC is very limited and is primarily first come, first serve. The use of commuting alternatives is highly recommended. The Mass Transit Fringe Benefits (MTFB) are available to Federal Civilian employees. This is in addition to the current salary for the commuting costs using Mass Transit. MTFB can be applied to rail, bus and/or approved vanpools but not parking costs. Employees may be placed on a parking pass wait list if desired.Learn more about this agency
- Coordinate congressional meetings, such as briefings, legislative engagement, and congressional delegation visits, for the organization and/or region. Expertise in a Senor Legislative or Joint Military Service Environment.
- Support staff work on legislative affairs, such as legislative initiatives, active legislation, congressional correspondence, hearings, congressional visits, briefings and internal and external communication.
- Interact in a diplomatic manner with senior legislative staff and medical treatment staff to resolve issues or problems. Maintain liaison (interrelated and interdependent) with the Legislative Affairs Offices.
- Researches and prepares reports, fact sheets, information packets and position paper to disseminate throughout the command. Crafts responses to congressional inquiries, official requests for information and reports to congress.
- Create a variety of correspondence e.g., reports, spreadsheets, power points, memorandums utilizing Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Will utilize automated health care systems such as Defense Medical Human Resources System (DMHRSi) and Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS).
- Monitor congressional initiatives and active legislation impacting healthcare missions/programs and provide input to senior level officials.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495941900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.