This position is responsible for consultation and coordination with the California High Speed Rail Authority (Authority) for the 800-mile rail system currently in both planning and construction phases. This position handles all consultation work associated with three of the seven high speed rail segments within the Sacramento Fish and Wildlife Office (SFWO) jurisdiction.Learn more about this agency
This is a Term position NTE 13 months. It can be extended for a total appointment of up to 30 months without further competition.
*** The closing date of this position has been extended one week, until 4/24/18.***
- Work closely with the California High Speed Rail Authority, their consultants, and the state of California to prepare and guide compliance with the biological opinions issued for this high priority infrastructure project.
- Independently plan and conduct investigations on proposed land use management and development projects to determine the impacts on trust resources, including listed, proposed and candidate species and to determine the appropriate conservation and mitigation measures for affected trust resources.
- Coordinate and facilitate activities pursuant to sections, 4,6,7,9 and 10 of the Endangered Species Act. Independently conduct consultations pursuant to Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act of 1973, as amended. Inspect projects for compliance with policies, standards, guidelines, agreements, and plans, followed by recommendations for action to assure compliance; draw sound conclusions and recommendations regarding the effects of development projects on trust resources.
- Act as technical advisor to other Field Office staff on the habitat needs of rare, candidate, proposed, and federally listed species for the purpose of Section 7 consultations with other Federal agencies and designated non-Federal representatives.
- Deliver presentations on the Service's policies and positions to other agencies and the public. Draft Biological Opinions for signature of the Field Office Supervisor or Regional Director; prepare responses to Regional, Washington Office, and Congressional inquiries.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495703600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.