This position is located in the Archives Center, National Museum of American History (NMAH), Smithsonian Institution (SI). The incumbent is responsible for documenting, preserving and providing access to Latina/Latino material culture and related items in historical context. The incumbent will collaborate with Latina/Latino communities, working with the Archives Center, NMAH staff and the Smithsonian Latino Center.Learn more about this agency
- Develops contacts, projects and partnerships with NMAH curators, the Smithsonian Latino Center and Latina/Latino communities to document, preserve and provide access to Latina/Latino material culture and related items in historical context.
- Explores new and innovative approaches to archival functions, including enhanced use of technology and sharing expertise and authority, to support outreach and collaboration.
- Applies knowledge of basic archival principles, methods, procedures and historical research using subject content matter and interrelationships to appraise, access, arrange and describe records and historic documents in all media.
- Works with the Assistant Director of Collections and Archives to ensure proper care and preservation of the collection and to promote use of the collection by scholars and the public.
- Assists in the development and use of digital preservation and electronic records management tools, guidance, and training to collect, manage, preserve, and provide access to digitized and born digital content.
- Works in collaboration with internal and external partners to develop and support projects through writing grant proposals and managing funded projects.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals (including Veterans recruitment). Excepted Service employees may also apply to this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495377800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.