**Newly appointed AIAs that Enter on Duty (EOD) in a Caribbean Air and Marine Branch (CAMB) duty location, have been authorized to receive a 25% recruitment incentive in-addition to, Law Enforcement Availability Pay (LEAP) and overtime pay.
An Air Interdiction Agent (AIA) may be eligible for overtime pay (up to an additional 25% of salary). Air Interdiction Agents (AIA) may also have a higher starting salary based on their duty location. Please visit the OPM website for more information.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking do not apply to this Public Notice. This notice may be used to fill any vacancy throughout the Southern Border and Caribbean Duty Locations. The duty location offered in your final offer may include any geographic location within the Southern Border and Caribbean duty locations that meets agency mission-critical needs.
This is a career ladder position with a grade level progression of GS-11, GS-12 and GS-13. You will be eligible for a promotion to the next higher grade level (without re-applying) once you successfully complete 52 weeks in each grade level (with supervisor approval). For example you could:
· start as an AIA in July 2018 as a GS-11 and make base pay $61,218 - LEAP $76,523 per year*
· be promoted in July 2019 to GS-12 and make base pay $73,375 - LEAP $91,719 per year*
· be promoted in July 2020 to GS-13 and make base pay $87,252 - LEAP $109,065 per year*
*Please note this example includes a range of minimum locality pay up to maximum potential salary with overtime earnings. Pay rates are based on the 2018 "Rest of the United States" salary table and does not take into consideration higher locality pay where applicable or yearly cost of living increases.
Polygraph Examination: The Air Interdiction Agent (AIA) position is a polygraph-required position. You must undergo a polygraph exam with favorable results in order to continue in the pre-employment process. Please see Polygraph Examination. Polygraph Examination.
Polygraph Reciprocity: CBP may accept the results of a prior federal polygraph exam in lieu of a CBP polygraph exam. You will receive information to request reciprocity in your Background Investigation Package.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the sole organization responsible for securing the Nation's borders. CBP employees protect our Nation's borders from terrorism, human and drug smuggling, illegal migration, and agricultural pests while simultaneously facilitating the flow of legitimate travel and trade.
Apply to this exciting opportunity to strengthen the Department's and our partners' ability to perform their homeland security functions by doing the following:
- Conduct air to air, air to water, and air to ground border interdiction of people and conveyances illegally crossing U.S. borders
- Patrol oceans, lakes, and rivers to prevent the illegal entry of weapons of terror
- Prohibit illegal narcotics and prevent the entry of undocumented aliens
Being an Air Interdiction Agent makes you a valuable member of the Federal Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) profession. Typical assignments include:
- Operating Unmanned Aircraft Systems performing law enforcement missions
- Performing interdiction duties that include intelligence gathering, detecting, intercepting, tracking, apprehending, testifying and acting as liaison with other Federal, State, local, tribal and foreign law enforcement agencies
- Developing strategies to track aircraft, vessels and people to accomplish an effective and successful interdiction
- Gathering and sharing intelligence information on illegal activities or potential acts of terrorism with internal customers, the general aviation and marine communities and other law enforcement agencies
- Testifying under oath before a grand jury, federal court proceedings and/or other legal proceedings
25% or less - You will be required to travel frequently. This may require extended foreign and domestic, Temporary Duty (TDY) assignments.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495127000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.