The Pathways Internship Program is for current diploma/certificate/degree-seeking students and is designed to attract students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in USDA/NRCS and explore Federal careers while still in school. This program exposes students to jobs in the Federal civil service by providing meaningful developmental work while completing their academic requirements. For more information on the Pathways Internship, please visit https://www.usajobs.gov/StudentsAndGrads.Learn more about this agency
Location Consideration: You may select up to a maximum of three locations. Please only select locations that you can report to no later than July 8, 2018.
Locality Pay: The salary for each location may vary depending on locality. Locality tables may be found at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/.
Student Trainees will perform the following duties under direct supervision. Assignments will be developmental in nature and will assist the employee in gaining the competencies necessary for a career:
- Performs a variety of survey work to develop topographic, cross section, profile, and other types of duty for use by a professional engineer.
- Operates and is trained in the operation of engineering instruments such as an engineer's level, hand level, laser level, total station, data collector, and GPS.
- Operates a personal computer to process data, organize data, type design reports, estimate costs, calculate material quantities, and perform simple hydrology and hydraulic calculations.
- Assists with construction inspection and layout for conservation structures for adherence to plans and specifications.
- Assists technicians in evaluating the needs and feasibility of proposed conservation projects.
Occasional travel - As required to perform the duties of the position and complete the requirements of the Pathways Program.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Students who are currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or diploma program.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494832500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.