The Pathways Internship Program is for current diploma/certificate/degree-seeking students and is designed to attract students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in USDA/NRCS and explore Federal careers while still in school. This program exposes students to jobs in the Federal civil service by providing meaningful developmental work while completing their academic requirements. For more information on the Pathways Internship, please visit https://www.usajobs.gov/StudentsAndGrads.Learn more about this agency
Selectees should be available to report to no later than July 8, 2018.
Locality Pay: Locality tables may be found at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/.
Student Trainees will perform the following duties under direct supervision. Assignments will be developmental in nature and will assist the employee in gaining the competencies necessary for a career:
- Serves as a Student Trainee with the responsibility for basic Soil Conservation work. Receives intensive and specialized training in all phases of soil and water conservation and related natural resource conservation programs.
- Learns to perform surveys and set construction stakes for a variety of practices. May operate rod or chain or other specialized instruments to lay out simple practices.
- Observes, learns and gains experience in program and conservation planning for a variety of soil and water practices such as terraces, diversions, waterways, farm drainage systems, and others.
- Observes, learns and gains experience in gathering and assembling preliminary data for use in developing and applying basic conservation plans.
- Observes, learns and gains experience performing a wide variety of soil conservation duties such as maintaining accurate field notes, preliminary drafting and sketch work, recording of layout work such as contour lines and field boundaries, determining acreages, assembling maps and aerial photographs, and other related work.
Occasional travel - As required to perform the duties of the position and complete the requirements of the Pathways Program.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Students who are currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or diploma program.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494744300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.