You will serve as a NAVAL ARCHITECT in the Engineering and Planning Division of NAVAL SHIP REPAIR FACILITY.Learn more about this agency
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
"Welcome to the Pacific" magazine link: https://epub.stripes.com/Welcome-to-Pacific-JO_120816
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
- You will perform engineering research, studies, to produce engineering instruction to support modernization, maintenance and repair of ships.
- You will conduct ships structural inspection, analysis and design related to naval architecture/structural engineering.
- You will reconcile technical conflicts between Planning, Production shops and management.
- You will research, develop and review engineering instruction for structural repairs and modernization.
- You will resolve design criteria differences among drawing, technical manual, and other official guidance.
- You will perform engineering assessment of ship structural condition to in-service Navy structural requirements, and develop recommendations for repair planning.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494316300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.