The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (POLICY AND PLANNING) DO? As an Information Technology (IT) Specialist working in policy and planning you will be involved in a variety of IT management activities. Your assignments may include strategic planning, performance management, capital planning and investment control, workforce planning, business process design, implementation and governance, policy and standards development, resource management and surveillance and quality assurance. You may also be called upon to lead major IT projects, broad in scope, and having significant impact across the IT organization.
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
25 Positions to be filled in any of the following locations in the Information Technology, IT WIDE organization. Lanham, MD; Austin, TX; Farmers Branch, TX; Detroit, MI; Ogden, UT; Kearneysville, WV; Memphis,TN; Fresno, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Holtsville, NY; Kansas City, MO; Atlanta, GA; Chamblee, GA; Covington, KY; Charlotte, NC; Washington, DC.
As an INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (POLICY AND PLANNING) you will:
- Lead or support the development of multi-year IT strategic plans
- Conduct Business Performance Reviews.
- Evaluate policy needs and develop policies to govern IT activities.
- Develop, manage and execute IT budgets.
- Participate in the IT capital planning process and assist in managing IT investment portfolios.
- Develop and monitor IT spending and performance measures; and interpret metrics for the evaluation of IT program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify and address IT workforce planning and management issues such as recruitment, retention and training.
- Conduct reviews and assessments of IT programs and projects
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 Nights Per Month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens, no prior Federal experience is required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493632400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.