This position is located in the Protocol Office, Office of the Secretary, Department of Veterans Affairs. The Protocol Office is responsible for all social and representation roles of the Secretary, Deputy Secretary, and Chief of Staff.Learn more about this agency
- Act as expert advisor on Protocol matters for the Secretary, Deputy Secretary, and Chief of Staff, and senior leaders of the Department.
- Plan and implement all official functions for the senior leaders of the Department.
- Handle requests for official contigency funds for all events and activities.
- Act as liaison for protocol matters with outside agencies.
- Interact with legal personnel to ensure ethical and legal interpretation.
- Prepare visit itineraries in coordination with executive liaison staff.
- Coordinate scheduling of protocol activities for senior leadership to ensure integration into caledars, reconciling conflicts where they exist.
- Develop official guest lists, invitations and programs for senior leadership ceremonies and functions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493615900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.