This position is part of the Chief-Office of Law Enforcement. As a Wildlife Inspector you will be responsible for the nations front-line defense against illegal wildlife trade. Provide day-to-day monitoring of wildlife imports and exports facilitate legal trade and helps detect and deter illegal wildlife trafficking.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Pathways Recent Graduates Program that affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Students may apply within one (1) month of meeting their education requirements.
This position is being filled at the GS-5/7 with a full performance level ____. The Recent Graduates Program lasts for one year. During the first year the selectee will perform developmental activities designed to help him/her acquire the competencies of the target position in which the he/she may be placed upon completion of the program. Participants who successfully complete the Recent Graduates Program may be eligible for conversion to the target position on a permanent or term (more than one to four years in duration) basis without further competition.
Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
Salary Range for Duty Stations:
Chicago, IL: 36,896 - 59,412
Memphis, TN: 33,394 - 53,773
Champlain, NY: 33,394 - 53,773
Valley Stream, NY: 38,245 - 61,584
Elizabeth, NJ: 38,245 - 61,584
Pembina, ND: 33,294 - 53,773
- This position is assigned routine aspects of investigation/compliance cases, primarily for developmental purposes. During the incumbent?s initial training, receives detailed instructions with assignments at the beginning of the training period.
- Receives in-depth training in the application of risk targeting profiles and integrating a variety of data and human intelligence in order to determine the level of scrutiny required in a particular situation.
- Under close guidance, performs inspection and compliance activities particularly for a wide range of transactions, special and unique conditions, and where there is a high risk of smuggling, fraud, and hostile incidents.
- Under close guidance, the incumbent examines shipping containers and other transport mechanisms and related documents to ensure compliance with all pertinent laws and regulations.
- Prepares correspondence, documents, and reports related to inspection duties.
- Consults with other inspectors, other Federal agencies, travelers, and business representatives on procedures and requirements and resolves problems
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493363600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.