The mission of the PSP Branch is to develop and support grant and contract research and research training programs relating to demographic, epidemiologic and economic aspects of population aging. The program has sections in demography and epidemiology of aging; economics of aging; and health and long-term care systems.Learn more about this agency
- Supervising and providing scientific leadership to four professional staff members managing BSR?s research and research training grants in the population and social sciences.
- Evaluating progress, assessing scientific opportunities, and proposing future program emphases in support of the NIA mission. The portfolio encompasses research in population and social sciences; with particular growth in dementia and dementia care.
- Contributing to and leading transNIH initiatives in population and social sciences related to health.
- Communicating NIA program emphases to diverse audiences.
- Presenting and justifying funding plans to NIA leaders and the National Advisory Council on Aging.
- Identifying significant research findings and communicating results to NIA leadership and other audiences, both professional and public.
- Serving as Program Officer for a portfolio of research and research training grants in areas of particular interest and expertise.
- Serving as or supervising the NIA Project Scientist of major longitudinal data resources supported by BSR, such as the Health and Retirement Study or the National Health and Aging Trends Study.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492828000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.