This vacancy is for a Survey Statistician position in the Population Division located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.Learn more about this agency
A probationary period may be required
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This is a BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses may be paid.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as an expert on providing technical assistance and training for statistical capacity building.
- Produce international demographic estimates.
- Develop and present materials and tools for in-person and remote assistance related to census and survey operations.
- Ensures project objectives and time schedules are met.
- Travel to developing countries frequently to teach statistics.
50% or less - Up to 30% international travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States citizens.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492475500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.