This vacancy is for a Survey Statistician position in the Population Division located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.Learn more about this agency
A probationary period may be required
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This is a BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses may be paid.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as an expert on providing technical assistance and training for statistical capacity building.
- Produce international demographic estimates.
- Develop and present materials and tools for in-person and remote assistance related to census and survey operations.
- Ensures project objectives and time schedules are met.
- Travel to developing countries frequently to teach statistics.
50% or less - Up to 30% international travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492475500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.