This National Guard position is for a Aircraft Mechanic, Position Description Number D1525000 and is part of the NJ 108th AMXS, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Aircraft Mechanic, WG-8852-12, you will:
- Direct, monitor or perform overall maintenance, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more aircraft
- Coordinate and oversee the work of journey level workers in other trades working simultaneously on the assigned aircraft
- Expedite aircraft operations to include concurrent servicing, hot pit refueling and/or combat turns or integrated combat turns
- Perform preflight, post flight, thru flight, periodic, isochronal, phase, hourly and special inspections, as well as servicing, defueling, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Serves as the technical authority to advise on, inspect and approve all airframe, mechanical, electrical/environmental, avionics, engine and pneudraulic repairs on assigned aircraft
- Direct and perform the ground movement of aircraft
- Launch, recover, park and service aircraft
- Perform end of runway inspection
- Install, remove, inspect and adjust aerial delivery systems to mission requirements
- Perform or oversee maintenance such as troubleshooting, removing, repairing, replacing, rigging, aligning, cleaning, painting and corrosion control
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492392000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.