This is an opportunity for:
- An internal or external candidate to fill a GS-15 cadre position.
- A Federal Government employee to serve on a two-year reimbursable detail assignment in the ODNI. The detail assignment may be extended an additional year if all parties agree.
Current GS employees at the same grade or one grade lower than the advertised position grade may apply.
Former members of the Peace Corps may be considered for ODNI employment only if five full years have elapsed since separation from the Peace Corps.
- For a cadre assignment:
- Current ODNI permanent cadre.
- Current ODNI Staff Reserve Employees. (A staff reserve employee who currently occupies this position may not apply.)
- Current Federal Government employees. (Current GS employees at the same grade or one grade lower than the advertised position grade may apply. )
- Candidates outside the Federal Government.
- For a detailee assignment:
- The ODNI uses a rank-in-person system in which rank is attached to the individual. A selected ODNI candidate or other Federal Government candidate will be assigned to the position at the employee's current GS grade and salary.
- For a selected non-Federal Government candidate, salary will be established within the salary range listed above, based on education and experience.
- A current Federal Government employee, selected for a detail, will be assigned to the position at his or her current grade and salary.
The Office of General Counsel (OGC) of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) provides legal advice and counsel to the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) and other ODNI officials on a wide range of legal issues to include intelligence and national security law; procurement and acquisition law; personnel law; government ethics, budget, and fiscal law; general administrative law; legislative support; government information practices (Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act); and intellectual property law.
Learn more about this agency
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
- THE OFFICE OF THE GENERAL COUNSEL SEEKS ATTORNEYS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Acquisitions and Appropriations: Applicants should have in-depth knowledge and experience with both federal budget and execution and research and development programs. Preferred qualifications include a demonstrated expertise in the following areas: (a) National Intelligence Program budget and execution; (b) general acquisition and procurement law and policy, including major system acquisitions, source selections, and contract disputes and (c) intellectual property law, including patents, copyright and trademarks.
- Employment Law: Applicants should have demonstrated experience providing expert legal advice on EEO matters, human resources issues, and general employment related matters. Preferred qualifications include demonstrated experience appearing in litigation before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) on matters arising under federal statutes, including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and other laws administered by the EEOC; including preparing pleadings, conducting and defending depositions, engaging in discovery, and representing the agency in court proceedings.
- Please Note:
- Attorneys in ODNI OGC rotate portfolios on a regular basis to provide legal support and guidance on unique and complex issues. Accordingly, attorneys are expected to provide expert legal counsel, advice and support across a wide range of legal issues, to include intelligence and national security law, FISA, litigation, privacy and civil liberties, international law, procurement and acquisition law, personnel law, government ethics, appropriations and fiscal law, administrative law, legislative issues, government information practices (Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act), and intellectual property. To that end, ODNI OGC is looking for attorneys who are well-rounded, have broad legal experience, and with an interest in a wide array of practice areas relevant to the intelligence community. Potentially one or more candidates will be selected from this advertisement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492141500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.