A Unified Organization Working as One TeamLearn more about this agency
If you would like to be a part of a federal organization dedicated to serving our nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoDIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability, and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is located within a component of the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Administrative Investigations (AI), Whistleblower Reprisal Investigations (WRI). As a Senior Investigator (Whistleblower Reprisal) you will be responsible for planning and conducting all aspects of reprisal investigations, to include preparing investigative plans, interviewing witnesses, and collecting and analyzing evidence.
As a Senior Investigator (Whistleblower Reprisal) you will be responsible for:
- Conducts on-site investigations of allegations of whistleblower reprisal, restriction and improper mental health evaluation.
- Interviews complainants using complaint intake procedures, takes sworn, recorded testimony, and collects documentary evidence.
- Develops investigative plans for all investigations including coordinating travel arrangements and notifying appropriate officials.
- Analyzes evidence and findings of facts, draws conclusions based on causation, laws, rules and regulations and/or policy.
- Drafts written reports, present analyses, findings, conclusions and all recommendations.
- Conducts close-out briefings as appropriate.
- Monitors and/or leads others in the monitoring of the status of reprisal investigations; identifies any systematic patterns or trends.
- Tracks and provides follow-up inquiries concerning corrective actions from investigative findings by the Military Departments or Defense Agencies; ensures corrective actions are documented in case files.
- Leads team of investigators; assigning and reallocating duties, mentoring, reviewing and approving other investigator?s work, when required.
- Performs oversight reviews of investigation reports, dispositive documents for whistleblower reprisal and restriction.
- Prepares written analyses of investigations that are in compliance with investigative policies and procedures.
- Provides technical support/assistance to Military or Defense Agency Inspectors General regarding reprisal investigations.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492009800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.