The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and legal US residents worldwide. Legal US residents must possess a social security number and be citizens of a NATO country, except for the host country of Germany. (Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This announcement is open worldwide.
- Serves as the Army Library Program's expert librarian and/or team leader for the General Library Information System. Work requires extensive knowledge and experience in integrated library system modules, computer networks, and information assurance.
- Develops, reviews, and revises circulation, acquisitions, cataloging and automation requirements, plans and policies. Requests, justifies, and monitors fund allocations. Establishes internal procedures to ensure appropriate fiscal accountability.
- Develops contract requirements, statements of work and monitors contractor performance. Catalogs and classifies material for enterprise library system.
- Performs automation services to include evaluation, acquisition, implementation, maintenance of local and enterprise wide library systems. Implements, monitors and revises library systems privacy, security and information assurance policies.
- Provides programming and marketing/public relations. Designs and conducts training, briefings and demonstrations. Assists senior library program manager with Army wide policies, standards and directives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491997900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.