USCIRF is seeking a Director of Communications to be a key member of the Commission's executive team. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and supervises one staff, as well as oversees outside vendors. The Director of Communications will work closely with the Commission policy experts and the Director of Government Affairs in support of USCIRF's activities.Learn more about this agency
Primary responsibilities involve the following:
- Write, review and/or edit reports, press releases, op-eds, congressional testimony, fact sheets, policy briefs, feature articles, talking points, briefings, and other publications by developing materials that promote USCIRF's policy and legislative priorities;
- Serve as primary editor/copyeditor of all USCIRF publications;
- Work with the Executive Director to develop compelling and persuasive messaging on the Commission's various projects;
- Provide work quality, creativity and service in support of the USCIRF team;
- Enhance internal and external communication to be more efficient and effective;
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities, which also includes analyzing inquiries from the media and developing responses under deadline pressure through correspondence and scheduling of interviews and briefings;
- Develop strong relationships with media representatives;
- Identify and cultivate audiences in government, academia and NGOs around the world as well as constituencies that benefit from or support USCIRF's mission and form collaborative connections with them;
- Manage USCIRF's publication schedule, including overseeing the production and design of publications;
- Work closely and in a collaborative manner to ensure USCIRF's products reach a wide audience;
- Manage and update USCIRF's web content; and
- Provide such other assistance, as requested by the Executive Director.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491859700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.