It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 100th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on DATE OF CLOSURE; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Investigator, located in the Office of Investigations (OI), serves as a Subject Matter Expert in the development and planning of investigative policies and procedures, is responsible for managing the various program areas administered by OI, and reports directly to the Special Agent in Charge (SAC).
As an Investigator, you will:
- Serve as principal advisor to the SAC, routinely assisting and conducting analyses of the various critical support programs managed by OI to identify more efficient operational methods and procedures and propose policy and/or procedure recommendations for change in the program areas for which the division is responsible to ensure OI’s goals and objectives are achieved.
- Participate in planning, developing, and implementing investigative policies, programs, standards, requirements, methods, procedures, and techniques that govern nationwide OIG investigations.
- Review, coordinate, and monitor the work by field elements pertinent to the program area of responsibility.
- Assist in the resolution of problems related to investigative tasking in the program area, and provide guidance on resource requirements and avenues for accomplishing mission tasks.
- Perform as a team member in conducting OI’s inspection and qualitative assessment reviews.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491503500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.