This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
The Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) mission is to provide research, development, test and evaluation, analysis, systems engineering, integration and certification of complex naval warfare systems. As a premier naval scientific and engineering institution, Dahlgren technology is critical to new design concepts for current ships and for systems integration and interoperability for the U.S. Navy.
NSWCDD is currently hiring scientists and engineers in its Laser Technology and Analysis Branch and the High Energy Laser Controls & Integration Branch within the Directed Energy and Pulsed Power Division. These Branches lead the development of HEL weapon systems to support operational requirements of the warfighter, while advancing technologies and focusing on continued system capability development. Such technological advances led to the operational deployment of the first ever HEL weapon - the Laser Weapon System (LaWS), which was designed and developed at NSWCDD.
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE ANNOUNCEMENT. Sections 1107 (a-e) of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014 authorize the Secretary of Defense to recruit and appoint qualified candidates directly into certain scientific and engineering positions within the Department of Defense. Competitive rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to the Direct Hire process.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties as a Software Scientist:
- Executing system & software engineering best practices for requirements definition & decomposition, design, and implementation of customer & end-user requirements.
- Designing, developing, and testing software for new baselines as well as maintaining existing baselines.
- Working with the contractor on understanding software architecture, compliance to Navy standards, program interface documents as well as contractual compliance.
- Presenting software architectures and designs at program milestone review.
- Supporting the development and integration of all software and the integration of with both contractor developed and government developed systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491437600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.