If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). Our vision is to be a model oversight organization in the Federal Government by leading change, speaking truth, and promoting excellence. A diverse organization, working together as one professional team and recognized in our field.Learn more about this agency
- Research applicable laws, directives and other regulatory material to gain audit knowledge.
- Develop and contribute to audit guides and perform audit work within the established guidelines
- Assists in producing comprehensive reports of audit data collected.
- Utilizes audit data to evaluate results and assists in recommending solutions.
- Assists in developing drafts and final segments of audit reports.
- Maintains security and accountability of classified information.
Knowledge Requirements/Skills for Auditor (511 series) position:
Your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have:
- Knowledge of the functions, processes, and principles of management (e.g., management practices, theories, and methodology of management) sufficient to organize and develop analysis or studies that will lead to improvement of overall operations.
- Experience in communicating complex and technical information orally and in writing.
- Experience communicating verbally and in writing with external and internal stakeholders. Examples of external stakeholders are audit clients. Internal stakeholder would be considered team members, supervisors, and upper management.
- Experience writing reports and documenting evidence. In this position you will be required to document meetings, document all analysis to include referencing supporting evidence, and write reports that comply with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards.
- Experience executing an audit, investigation, inspection, and/or examination. We would prefer experience conducting an audit in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards.
- Experience working in a team of diverse individuals and contributing to a product that demonstrates how your individual role synchronized with the rest of the team's efforts.
- Knowledge of and experience in conducting performance audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) is required. Federal Inspector General auditing or U.S. Government Accountability Office experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in interpersonal skills to meet and deal effectively with others at all levels of authority and exert a positive influence.
This position is being filled using 5 U.S. Code subsection 3161 authority. This excepted service position is temporary and available for 13-months. This temporary position may be terminated early or extended beyond the 13-month period based upon incumbent performance and the needs of the OIG.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/491254500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.