This position is located in the Office of the Inspector General, Investigations Unit (IU). The objective of the work is to protect the integrity of the Agency-administered programs by responding to alleged or potential fraud, abuse, and wasteful practices in a wide variety of activities associated with those programs.Learn more about this agency
The Investigator performs the following major duties:
- Provides expert analysis and advice on complex program issues.
- Performs investigations of extreme complexity and scope with far-reaching consequences, such as investigating internal corruption in diplomatic and international environments, involving overlapping and/or foreign jurisdictions, immunities, and sensitive foreign policy considerations.
- Conducts investigations for the recovery of assets such as defective pricing during contract negotiations, the mischarging of non-allocable costs to government contracts, product substitution, employee embezzlement, and abuses of Peace Corps grant money.
- Performs long-range planning and management of new substantive investigation programs where precedents are scarce or nonexistent.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of written materials concerning the most controversial investigations, due to the extreme sensitivity of matters being investigated or an exceptional difficulty encountered in establishing interrelationships of facts or evidence.
- Oversees the production of written materials such as letters, opinions, reports, and recommendations on highly substantive investigative issues and findings.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Current Federal employees, regardless of tenure
- Former Federal employees who are reinstatement eligible
- Individuals eligible to be hired under special appointing authorities (e.g. 30% compensable disabled veterans, appointment for persons with disabilities)
- Internal agency employees; including agency temporary employees, eligible agency Experts, and eligible agency personal services contractors
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490816800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.