This position is located in the Oceanic & Atmospheric Research (OAR), Earth System Research Laborator (ESRL) with one vacancy located in Boulder, CO.Learn more about this agency
If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
This position is also announced under vacancy number OAR-ESRL-2018-0004, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Librarian, GS-1410-11/12 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As a Librarian, you will perform the following duties:
- Manage the Library’s Library Service Platform (LSP), work with publishers and vendors to collect and analyze usage statistics and instructs staff and patrons on the use of electronic information products, software and systems.
- Play key role in both the assessment of the library’s collection strategies and the maintenance of the collection itself, including oversight of the selection and deselection of library materials, coordination of shifting projects, collaboration with subject liaisons to promote library collections.
- Manage, plans and supervises all acquisitions operations for a scientific library.
- Establish and update cataloging policies for BLL and performs cataloging of all library materials following Library of Congress (LC) practice.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% of domestic travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490639500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.