This position will provide technical support for molecular genetics research and collections in the Laboratories of Analytical Biology (L.A.B.), National Museum of Natural History (NMNH), Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC (primary duty station is at the Natural History Museum in DC but some work may take place at the Museum Support Center, Suitland, MD).Learn more about this agency
- Assists LAB-associated with molecular genetic research projects, following laboratory protocols.
- Works with individual researchers on multiple projects with a wide diversity of non-human and non-microbial biological genetic material.
- Generates publishable data using molecular genetic laboratory techniques and equipment.
- Analyzes and publishes genetic data.
- Tracks samples and experimental results using appropriate software in order to clearly communicate results to researchers.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Excepted Service employees may also apply to this announcement.
Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities may also apply to Job Announcement #18R-JW-303449-MPA-NMNH.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490597500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.