Established by Congress in 1974, the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) operates as an independent 501(c) (3) nonprofit and is the country's single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans. LSC currently funds 133 independent, non-profit legal aid organizations with more than 800 offices throughout the nation. LSC's mission is to promote equal access to justice and provide grants for high-quality civil legal assistance.Learn more about this agency
The LSC Office of Inspector General operates under the Inspector General Act. The OIG has two principal missions: to assist management in identifying ways to promote efficiency and effectiveness in the activities and operations of LSC and its grantees; and to prevent and detect fraud and abuse. The OIG's primary tool for achieving these missions is fact-finding through financial, performance and other types of audits, evaluations and reviews, as well as investigations into allegations of wrongdoing. Learn more about the LSC OIG at: www.oig.lsc.gov.
The Director of Audit Operations advises and assists the Assistant Inspector General for Audit (AIGA) in accomplishing and supporting the mission of the Office of the Inspector General (OIG). The incumbent helps manage the audit function and serves as the principal advisor to the AIGA. The Director of Audit Operations is responsible for ensuring quality of all audit related products and compliance with standards. The incumbent serves in a leadership role as a senior audit official within the audit function of the OIG. The Director of Audit Operations reports to and is under the supervision of the AIGA.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the AIGA in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the audit function, including, without limitation, helping to develop and implement internal policies and procedures, acting as the primary quality control official for all audits, developing and delivering training to audit staff on audit related issues and overseeing the review of quality assurance on independent public accountants.
- Recommends, develops, implements and monitors policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in all audit operations. Responsible for developing, implementing and training staff on policies and procedures. Ensures policies and procedures are always current and reflect best practices and industry standards. Ensures that the Audit Policies and Procedures Manual is accurately updated to reflect revisions and updates to Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), LSC regulations and other relevant guidance. Implements standards and monitors compliance.
- Develops, monitors, refines and enforces the system of quality control to ensure that all audit work is performed and completed in compliance with GAGAS and the IG Act. Recommends changes to audit policies as necessary to ensure compliance with the established system of quality control. Serves as the primary contact for peer reviews received and conducted by the OIG.
- Assists the AIGA in ensuring that audits and projects are performed timely and in accordance with established professional and quality standards. This includes performance audits, financial-related audits, compliance audits, attestation engagements and administrative projects.
- Administers audit technology to suit requirements for reporting and implementation of audit methodology to ensure compliance with standards. Ensures that staff is properly trained on the automated work paper system and properly utilizing the system in accordance with audit policies.
- Assists in responding to Congressional requests, semi-annual reporting to Congress and other special reports, as assigned.
- Represents the OIG to external and internal stakeholders including LSC management, LSC grantee management, Board of Directors and Congress.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Less than 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490570000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.