OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
This position falls under Facilities Management Service (FMS) of VA Puget Sound Health Care System (VAPSHCS). The Electrician is assigned a wide variety of duties of a journeyman involving installation, modification, repair, troubleshooting, maintenance, and testing of complex electrical systems, circuits, equipment, appliances, controls, components, lighting fixtures and fire alarm systems. This also includes emergency and optional diesel engine operated auxiliary power generating systems. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Install, modify, repair, loads and tests systems and circuits.
- Determines, arranges, places and routes distribution panels, boxes, circuits, fittings, connections and controls.
- Determines and installs wiring, conduit, fixtures, transformers, and other electrical devices in the size, type and arrangement needed for proper and safe operation of electrical circuits and equipment.
- Troubleshooting of major electrical distribution systems from 15KV to low voltage such as category 5 wiring (computer)
- Loading and testing new and existing electrical lines, circuits, systems, fixtures, controls and equipment, such as secondary distribution lines and circuits used to supply a wide range of voltage, amperage, phase and frequency requirements to distribution panels, switch gear, power and control circuits, electrical warning, detection, and fire alarm systems, and high intensity lighting systems.
- Use and be proficient in electrical testing devices, core drills, rotary hammers, power benders, and other specialized tools and common hand tools related to the electrical trade.
- Perform electrical site prep for the installation of CT Scanners, MRIs, Digital Radiology Equipment, and Linear Accelerators.
- Plan, coordinate, layout, install and follow up on all electrical systems and have a working knowledge of the NEC, NFPA and OSHA requirements.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available.
Position Description Title/PD#: ELECTRICIAN/ 40748-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorize
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Note: Job opportunity announcement will be open until all vacancies are filled. Cut dates are the 1st and 15th of each month beginning February 15th. Apply early for first consideration.
Occasional travel - Travel between and reporting to all Seattle campus, American Lake campus, Magnolia campus as well as to outlying Community Based Outpatient Clinics required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490453800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.