TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is part of the TX 149th Fighter Wing, Maintenance Group, and is located in San Antonio, Kelly AFB, Texas. The purpose of this position is to provide planning, scheduling and control of aircraft maintenance through a variety of support maintenance shops..
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Texas Air National Guard recruiter before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard.
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard and individual's eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard.
Rank Spread: E5 (SSgt) or below
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- Selected candidate must have or be able to secure and maintain a secret clearance within 12 months of appointment.
As a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER (AIRCRAFT), GS-1152-9:
- Implements preliminary (advance) maintenance plans for assigned weapon systems and schedules immediate maintenance for transient aircraft.
- Maintains visual aids depicting status of maintenance actions in progress, special ist availability and status of aerospace vehicles, aerospace ground equipment (AGE), training equipment, transportation and tow vehicles, munitions loads, arming of guns and munitions, and location of aircraft and dispatched AGE.
- Coordinates with Materiel Control on mission capable (MICAP) and non-mission capable status (NMCS) of parts, adjustments to in-shop work priorities, and verification of urgency of need designators.
- Coordinates with Quality Assurance on functional check flight (FCF) requirements, Air Operations on flying schedule, other maintenance shops for coordination of repair work and with other functional areas as required.
- Requests necessary support services such as fire fighting activity standby, fuel and defuel and civil engineer support. Directs physical movement of aircraft and aerospace ground equipment.
- Controls the maintenance communications and transportation systems to provide for the effective transmission of information and movement of material and maintenance personnel.
- Develops and maintains current procedural check sheets for use during actions such as mass loads combat turnaround, broken arrow (nuclear emergency), emergency notification, aircraft crash, flightl1ne fire, severe weather warning evacuation. Monitors and revises the sequence of preselected aircraft required for contingency commitments.
- Makes required inputs to the automated data system and retrieves data and/or computer generated products as required.
- Conducts training of assigned military personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490009400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.