This position is located on the Fremont-Winema National Forest in Lakeview, OR.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact at Charles Burley at 541-947-6297 or email@example.com
The incumbent is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of a comprehensive engineering program including Forest transportation system of roads and trails, restoration and rehabilitation activities including watershed restoration, construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, culverts, water and sewer systems, etc. Also responsible for the administration of the Forest Environmental Management Program including clean up and storage of hazardous materials, complex road jurisdiction, permits, and agreements.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Reviews and approves completed plans, designs, and specifications for Forest facilities, proposed roads, including selection of bridge sites, adequacy of standards, and specifications for construction road location, alignment surfacing, and grade drainage.
- Negotiates settlement of differences for all construction contracts under engineering and recommends a basis for satisfactory settlements to contracting officer in formal contract construction
- Responsible for the location, survey, plans, specifications, and analysis of engineering systems and facilities such as roads, trails, bridges, or structures that encompass interrelated elements that are difficult to accommodate, pose critical problems of performance requirements vs. costs, or that require designs and plans which must deal with factors of an undetermined or unprecedented nature.
- Directs or reviews the preparation of complete and detailed project plans, specifications, and cost estimates for projects such as roads, trails, bridges, or other miscellaneous facilities and structures. Provides input into the interdisciplinary planning process for activities involving engineering projects.
- Participates in planning conferences with supervisory and project coordinator engineers to provide necessary information pertaining to the engineering specialty area. Reviews and provides input to proposed new, or revised national policy directives. Develops and distributes standards and guidelines for implementation and compliance by subordinate units.
- Collaborates with managers, other engineers, or contractor personnel, and provides advice and insight on the resolution of unique and/or complex engineering problems, where innovative adaptations or development of new features is required
**Duties listed are at the full performance level.**
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel for site visits, training and meeting. May include overnight stays
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current permanent Federal employees with competitive status, Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP, VEOA, and reinstatement eligibles; Farm Service Agency permanent county employees; 30% or more disabled veterans; Individuals with Disabilities; former Peace Corps or VISTA volunteers; certain Military Spouses; and those eligible for other Hiring Authorities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489751400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.