The selectee for this position will serve as a Public Affairs Specialist for the Executive Officer in the Naval Medical Research Center (NMRC), Silver Spring, Maryland.Learn more about this agency
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Serve as the advisor on public affairs issues for the Commanding Officer and subordinate organizations.
- Interpret policy and regulations pertaining to public affairs and Web matters.
- Facilitate media interviews via press conferences and one-on-one TV, radio, and print interviews.
- Draft publications and speeches for the Commanding Officer.
- Advise subordinate commands in conducting a "Hometown News Program," and internal medium by which positive stories of military and civilian staff are marketed to hometown or designated newspapers.
- Ensure that there is Navy Medicine representation in public affairs matters with other government agencies, foreign governments, national organizations, and groups at national, regional, and local meetings, symposiums, etc.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489580500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.