TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located at the 149th MAI SQ, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The purpose of this position is to install, modify, overhaul, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, align, calibrate, and rebuild multi-system avionics complexes consisting of multiple completely integrated electronic avionics systems where the complex accomplishes a number of major functions.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Texas Air National Guard recruiter at 210-925-6016 before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard,
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and
- All individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
- May be required to work shifts.
- This announcement is open for one year or until filled, whichever comes first. Applicants will be reviewed and referred (as applicable) to the selecting supervisor after 30 days.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic (Target Grade WG-13)
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on one or more multi-complex electronic integrated systems.
- Reviews and analyzes maintenance data; determines if criteria are sufficient to provide adequate test, troubleshooting and repair procedures; devises and recommends tests, procedural changes, or data corrections.
- Troubleshoots operational malfunctions and analyzes system performance utilizing aircrew debrief data, Technical Orders, schematic and wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, data analysis, common and system-specific test equipment and built in system tests.
- Recommends methods to improve equipment performance, technical data, and maintenance procedures by reporting hardware and software malfunctions, initiates material deficiency reports both on equipment and in technical data, and assists in design changes as necessary.
- May upload and download chaff/flare dispensers.
- May be required to perform additional duties such as structural fire-fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, serve as a security guard, remove snow, load and handle munitions, launch/recover and service aircraft, operate heavy equipment, maintain facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide (see Areas of Consideration), Texas Air National Guard Membership is Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489454200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.