The United States Marshals Service is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.Learn more about this agency
Public Affairs Specialist for Internal Communications - This position is located in the Office of the Director, United States Marshals Service (USMS), and is responsible for advancing the mission of the USMS by ensuring that employees receive information that is timely, clear, consistent, tailored for the intended audience, and that reflects USMS goals and priorities. The incumbent serves as a Public Affairs Specialistand is responsible for working with USMS Senior Staff and managers to develop strategies to promote employee and internal communication; develop tactical internal communication plans; write internal communications; develop internal communication governance, policies, and procedures; and measure the effectiveness of USMS internal communications.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing USMS internal communications program focused on communicating key information to all internal stakeholders in a timely, clear, and concise manner
- Advising senior management on the most effective strategies for managing communications between senior management and employees
- Developing USMS internal communications governance, policies, and guidelines
- Facilitating the implementation/dissemination of procedural and policy changes through effective written and oral communication
- Establishing communication plans, strategies, and solutions to internal communication issues
- Writing, and editing communications materials such as newsletters and toolkits
- Developing a variety of innovative communication messages, methods, and channels to distribute information throughout the USMS
- Facilitating meetings and negotiates and collaborates with USMS Senior Staff and project managers
- Seeking methods for continuous improvement of work products
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489441400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.