This position is located in the Office of Health Services (OHS) and is placed under the Health Informatics Unit (HIU) within OHS at the Peace Corps Headquarters. Reporting to the Chief, Health Informatics Unit, the incumbent of this position serves as Program Manager HIU and provides administrative management and oversight to the HIU program. HIU is responsible for developing and maintaining OHS health information systems; supporting system users through training and customer service; managing health data and information generated from health information systems; and providing oversight to medical records data management. This position is responsible for supervising HIU sub-unit supervisors, providing oversight to improve business processes and aligning HIU systems with them; devising methods to lower operating costs; providing senior technical program management expertise, including budget and resource allocation/management; information management, contracts administration; interpreting policies and guidelines; developing long and short range plans, strategies, policies and standards for HIU operations to meet operating needs. The incumbent works with technical experts and team leaders, contract staff, and other inter and intra office team members to provide technical advice and consultation on the HIU program. The incumbent also works with external contacts to maintain state-of-the art information and knowledge related to the program.Learn more about this agency
The Program Manager performs the following major duties:
- Program Planning, Management and Evaluation: Develops an accurate representation of the business environment, strategy, critical success factors, comprehensive documentation of the program functions and its key processes. Develops scenarios and justifications on the impact of new/upgrades to health informatics on OHS business objectives and processes.
- Liaison Activities: Develops and maintains relationship with various agency stakeholders, officials of other federal government organizations, private industry, and/or academic institutions to maintain current knowledge about the health informatics industry and uses this knowledge to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of HIU operations. Participates in meetings, conferences and seminars to maintain advanced knowledge on health informatics.
- Supervisory and/or Managerial Responsibilities: This position supervises a group of employees performing supervisory work at the FP-2/3 levels. Performs the administrative and human resource management functions for staff supervised. Establishes the guidelines and performance expectations for staff members, which are clearly communicated through the formal employee performance management system.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- United States Citizens
- Current or former Federal employees.
- Internal agency employees; including agency temporary employees, eligible agency Experts, and eligible agency personal services contactors
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488890800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.