A Unified Organization Working as One TeamLearn more about this agency
If you would like to be a part of a federal organization dedicated to serving our nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The DoD OIG promotes integrity, accountability, and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The DoD OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Deputy Inspector General for Administrative Investigations (DIG AI), Whistleblower· Reprisal Investigations (WRI.) As an Investigator you will be responsible for conducting and overseeing investigations of Whistleblower Reprisal made by DoD Military Service members, DoD Appropriated Fund employees, Non-appropriated Fund employees, and DoD contractor employees, subcontractor, grantee, and personal services contractor employees.
As an Investigator GS-1810-13, your typical work assignment may include the following:
- Conducts investigations of complaints of reprisal filed by military members, appropriated- and non appropriated-fund civilian employees within DoD, and Defense contractor employees.
- Conducts interviews, reviews recorded testimonies, sworn statements, and documentary evidence for reprisal evidence.
- Develops drafts and final written reports of investigation based on analysis of investigation findings.
- Presents findings to senior officials and internal and external stakeholders, including Congressional staff.
- Conducts oversight of reprisal investigations conducted by DOD components for civilian retaliation and or reprisal investigations.
- Evaluates investigative reports and records for compliance with established timelines and policies and makes recommendations for improvements.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488886200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.