The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.Learn more about this agency
If you are a knowledgeable, talented, and motivated individual and have experience in the application of police methods and techniques, consider joining the Division of Police, Police Operations Branch. The primary responsibility of the position is the investigation, apprehension, or detention of persons suspected of offenses against any criminal laws of the United States. If selected, you will work under the direct supervision of a sergeant and are required to carry a weapon as part of your duty uniform.
These positions are located in the National Institutes of Health, Office of the Director, Office of Research Services, Division of Police, Police Operations Branch in Bethesda, Maryland and Hamilton, Montana. For more information, please visit http://www.ors.od.nih.gov/Pages/home.aspx
If selected for the position, you will:
- Initiate and conduct thorough investigations of criminal acts and other offenses involving felonies and misdemeanors under Federal, State, local, and departmental statutes;
- Interview victims, suspects, and witnesses at crime scenes;
- Respond to alarms involving crimes in progress, and question individuals to determine the nature of the emergency;
- Conduct vehicle and foot patrols, investigate suspicious situations, and take appropriate action;
- Assist with the investigation of traffic accidents;
- Prepare testimony for presentation in court and follow through until final disposition;
- Assist injured victims, administer first aid, and call for medical assistance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Please disregard the "This job is open to" section located at the top of this announcement as that text is auto-generated. To clarify, this announcement is open to U.S. citizens and non-citizen U.S. nationals only. Foreign nationals or legal permanent residents are not eligible for consideration unless they meet the definition of a U.S. national. Reference the "Requirements" section of this announcement for a definition of a U.S. national.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488826200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.