Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation's leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence - whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage. In the Secret Service, we:
- Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
- Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
- Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional identical vacancies in the same title, series, grade and unit occur.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as an Investigative Support Assistant in the Office of Investigations, San Jose Resident Office. Typical work assignments include:
- Preparing reports, correspondence, and official messages; preparing time and attendance records; and answering phones and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Opening, closing and maintaining case files; processing and tracking evidence; and providing administrative support to Special Agents in the areas of investigations, protection, counterfeit, asset forfeiture and financial crimes.
- Conducting preliminary searches and inputting data into computerized criminal databases to develop background information; and tracking and compiling criminal history statistics and reports.
- Assisting agents in compiling and composing time sensitive information; preparing preliminary surveys; acting as a liaison to local, state and other federal law enforcement agencies and officials; and sharing information and providing assistance.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488556500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.