The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, The Department of the Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
WHY DO I WANT TO JOIN THE IRS SENIOR EXECUTIVE TEAM? The IRS is seeking candidates with strong leadership skills to join its top executive team and continue our commitment to serve America's taxpayers. We are seeking candidates with demonstrated integrity, sound judgment, and the highest ethical standards of public service to help facilitate our organization's change, communicate our mission, core values and strategic goals, engage stakeholders, and motivate employees to achieve high performance.
WHAT DOES THE DIRECTOR, STRATEGY DO? The Director of Strategy provides executive leadership and direction in all matters relating to national Criminal Investigation (CI) activities and programs which provide the strategic direction for the CI organization. This includes execution of the Annual Business Plan and CI’s Investigative Priorities; determination of business system requirements; administration of the budget; oversight for the review of all aspects of CI operations to ensure alignment with the Annual Business Plan and CI’s Investigative Priorities; and research of criminal compliance issues to support development of strategic priorities and improve operational effectiveness.
WHAT IS THE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DIVISION? Criminal Investigation (CI) is the investigative and law enforcement arm of the IRS. The American system of voluntary tax compliance relies heavily on self-assessments of what tax is owed. When individuals or corporations deliberately do not comply with the tax laws, CI responds with financial investigations and potential criminal prosecutions to promote compliance and confidence in the fairness of the tax system.
If you are up for the challenge, come join our leadership team!
Position is located in Washington, DC.
The Director of Strategy reports to the Deputy Chief. The incumbent directs the financial and human resources programs for Criminal Investigation. The work entails high-level staff planning, negotiations, coordination, and liaison responsibilities regarding a law enforcement organization. Since many of the administrative issues related to law enforcement do not affect the rest of the Service, the Director of Strategy leads the Service’s efforts related to law enforcement recruitment and hiring, pay, training, equipping, etc. Therefore, the incumbent must possess initiative, resourcefulness, thoroughness, sound judgment, and discretion to develop solutions to a wide range of administrative and management problems.
- Plans, develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates all criminal investigation programs assigned to the Strategy organization.
- Manages all human, physical, information technology and financial resources assigned to his/her respective office.
- Provides oversight of CI’s budget, training, and research to ensure CI strategy development and implementation.
- Coordinates strategic planning and implementation with other CI Directors. Develops and establishes strategy-related performance measures for CI, ensuring that CI strategy implementation is consistent with and supports the National Compliance Strategy and CI mission.
- Coordinates Criminal Investigation activities with other top-level IRS and law enforcement executives (foreign and domestic) to address crosscutting issues and ensure consistency of approach.
- As required, protects Service employees and property during civil and other disturbances, and performs other protective assignments as requested.
Occasional travel - Travel required as needed.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- All current Federal Employees
- Former Senior Executives with reinstatement eligibility and
- SESCDP applicants with QRB certification.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488521000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.