Please carefully follow all instructions below to ensure consideration for the appointment. The entire application process must be completed and all required documents submitted before this announcement closes.
1. If you do not already have one, create a resume on USAJOBS. Although you must enter your Social Security Number for USAJOBS, this information will not be provided to the Library of Congress.
2. Click on the "Apply Online" button to the right of this announcement. Follow USAJOBS' instructions to access your account and submit your resume. You will be redirected to the Hiring Management website to complete the application process. If this is your first time in Hiring Management, you will be asked to answer questions. You will be able to update this information and save it to your account for future announcements.
3. Complete the questionnaire available from the link in the How You Will Be Evaluated section above.
4. Hiring Management offers options that will electronically attach your documentation (cover letter and transcripts) to your online application once you finish answering the questions in the job announcement. You may select a document that you have already uploaded to USAJOBS for a previous announcement or you may electronically upload a document directly from your computer to your application. Be certain to review your complete application for confirmation that the document uploaded and click on "Finished" to be returned to USAJOBS. If you have multiple documents of the same kind, e.g., 2 graduate transcripts from different schools, etc., be sure that they are all in the same file on your computer or in your USAJOBS profile before uploading them. If you try uploading them individually, only the last one sent will be visible in our system. If you have any questions about this information, please contact the person on this announcement BEFORE the closing date.
5. Click on "Submit" after you have completed your application. Once you have submitted your application, you can check your status online through your Hiring Management or MY USAJOBS account.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You are required to apply online for this announcement. Letters of recommendation should be emailed by the person providing the recommendation to ifp “at” loc “dot” gov by the close of this announcement. Postal mailed documents WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Your completed online application, and any required supplemental documentation (e.g., transcripts, etc.), must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of the announcement. It is your responsibility to ensure that all documents are received on time and that the materials are readable. Failure to do so will result in your application being excluded from consideration for this announcement.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulty with the online process, you MUST CONTACT THE POINT OF CONTACT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE. For all technical issues please contact email@example.com, no later than 4:30pm EST of the Closing Date. REQUESTS FOR EXTENSIONS WILL NOT BE GRANTED.
Please review our evaluation process under "How You Will Be Evaluated." You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS "My USAJOBS" tab and clicking on "My Applications". You will receive final notification via e-mail when this vacancy has been filled.