This National Guard position is for a TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT, Position Description Number D1923000and is part of G4 Nebraska Army National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-7458.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1 and 2
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1: Current permanent and indefinite technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard; and current Title 5 employees of the Nebraska Military Department who are military members of the Nebraska National Guard.
AREA 2: All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary technicians of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 3: Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 4: All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska National Air or Army National Guard prior to the effective date of hire.
As a TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT, GS-2102-7, duties include:
(1) Supports the Defense Movement Coordinator with planning and coordinating peacetime movements of Department of Defense (DOD) units by modes using military transportation assets. Responsible for performing a wide variety of interrelated or nonstandard transportation support assignments and resolves a wide range of problems. Performs continuous independent review and refinement of movement data based upon input from all military units within or transitioning through the State. Reviews, validates, and inputs Unit Movement Data (UMD) to various federally approved operating systems.
(2) Performs training assistance of unit movement personnel on entering UMD into the appropriate STAMIS.
(3) Maintains comprehensive knowledge of regulations and guidelines pertaining to movement planning and highway regulation. Responsible for collecting, reviewing, and
expediting mobilization and movement related documents. Analyzes movement data to determine the impact changes have on convoy movement scheduling. Recommends
corrective actions and specific measures regarding any aspects of movements planning, regulations, or movement control to the DMC.
(4) Monitors and tracks the receipt of mobilization movement data. Maintains Unit Movement Plans (UMP) and files on all Army National Guard (ARNG) units located in the
state. Maintains visibility of all DOD units moving within or passing through the state for contingency, homeland security or training operations.
(5) Serves as the alternate point of contact for DOD units or activities that request clearance for movement on roadways within the state. Drafts implementing instructions
and logs convoy clearance approvals. Facilitates efficient convoy movements from origin to destination. Assists the DMC in coordinating with the various state Departments of Transportation.
(6) Reviews reports from various agencies and consolidates statistical data for the purpose of isolating significant facts and trends relating to geographical considerations,
demographics, and adherence to prescribed directives. Reviews past records and collects data for comparison studies.
(7) Assists in providing guidance and assistance to unit personnel on the preparation of unit level mobilization plans. Assists the DMC with the review of mobilization movement plans for accuracy and completeness. Makes recommendations for approval or disapproval.
(8) Provides administrative, clerical and typing support to the DMC Branch to include maintenance of publication library, file management, and word processing input.
(9) Assists in the management, maintenance, scheduling and dispatch of General Service Administration (GSA) and Transportation Motor Pool (TMP) vehicles and equipment.
(10) Assists in the management and certification of all government owned and leased inter-modal shipping containers.
(11) Accomplishes the full spectrum of support for state and Federal National Guard operations, training, readiness missions, natural disasters, and Homeland Defense/Defense Support of Civil Authorities (HLD/DSCA).
(12) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nebraska National Guard Area 1 and 2 applicants
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488323100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.