The selectee for this position will serve as a INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (NETWORK/SYSTEMADMIN) in the Information Technology and Cyber Security Department ofNAVAL SHIP REPAIR FACILITY .Learn more about this agency
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Perform system design, configuration and support of network communications, computer operations, information assurance, and business solutions.
- Develop goals and objectives that integrate organization and Information Management objectives.
- Oversee implementation of new system hardware and software and develops operating procedures.
- Provide system access controls, installing and maintaining operating system software.
- Provide systems/configuration management support, installing workstation and client services and monitoring system performance and utilization to ensure optimum resource allocation.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Overseas Military Spouse, Overseas Family Member, Permanent Competitive Service Federal Employees, Former Federal Employees, VEOA, ICTAP eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488280700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.