Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
About the Position:
This position is located at Tripler Army Medical Center, Hawaii.
Hawaii has many outdoor activities all year round including surfing, paddling, diving, fishing, and hiking. Conversely, Hawaii has one of the highest costs of living in the United States. Average homes range from $500 - $600K. The rental market is also very high, as are vehicle operating costs. Before deciding to relocate to the Islands, you should thoroughly research the housing options and costs. Federal employees are currently entitled to receive a non-taxable cost of living allowance (COLA).
Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a 10.99% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
As a Pharmacy Technician, you will perform duties such as:
- Determine the substance (i.e. drug or pharmaceutical) requested, including the form, strength, dosage, and quantity to be dispensed.
- Receive and review prescriptions for the full range of pharmaceuticals to include controlled drugs on the formulary.
- Coordinate with prescriber or pharmacist to clarify issues or problems with dosing, interactions, or instructions.
- Select components; compute quantities; set up, operate, and maintain common and specialized instruments and equipment; and performs mixing and blending of substances.
- Prepare bulk compounds, as needed, from all substances for which master formula cards or specific instructions from a pharmacist are available.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488154600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.