DoDEA, through its Community Strategic Plan has made a commitment to be among the world's leaders in education, enriching the lives of military- connected students and the communities in which they live. The mission to educate, engage and empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world is achieved through its five strategic goals of Student, School, Talent, Organization, and Outreach Excellence.
DoDEA is a major Department of Defense (DoD) Field Activity with worldwide scope. DoDEA plans, directs, coordinates, and manages the education programs for DoD dependents. DoDEA consists of three regions, DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, and DoDEA Pacific and a total of eight school districts located overseas and in the U.S. and its territories. DoDEA provides education to eligible DoD military and civilian dependents from pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
Visit our website at www.dodea.edu for more information!
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to: All U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
As a PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST (INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS) you will be responsible for the following duties:
· Incumbent serves as a public affairs specialist in the DoDEA headquarters, developing, promoting, and implementing DoDEA's internal communications programs, offering a wide range of products to support information needs of a variety of employee audiences at the school and above-school levels.
· Develops informational materials, products and strategies to inform employees about programs, staff achievements, awards, and news of personal benefit to employees such as pay, benefits, retirement, personnel policies and procedures and a variety of human resource management/personnel topics, etc.
· Prepares newsletters or other communications for distribution to field offices to keep them acquainted with programs at agency headquarters.
· Works closely with the Communications Chief, the Deputy Communications Chief, the DoDEA Webmaster, the DoDEA Graphics Artist and DoDEA Video Branch as well as DoDEA Branch Chiefs and field leadership to develop content, messages, and themes for new and redesigned internal information products, websites, web campaigns and other communications products.
· Maintains liaison with forward-stationed DoDEA public affairs personnel to produce ideas or communication materials for use in agency-wide internal information products or to collaborate and develop recommendations on ways internal information services can better serve the total mission.
· Plans and conducts attitude and opinion surveys among employees in developing recommendations to improve communication.
· Develops written communications materials and manages written content supporting the DoDEA's internal communications program.
· Develops internal information strategies and tactics and analyzes types of information of potential interest to DoDEA's internal audience.
· Defines the scope and parameters of initiatives and programs, providing suggested activities, materials to be used, deadlines, and other requirements.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel away from the normal duty station may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487842100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.