This position is located within Office of Petroleum and Biofuels Statistics (PBS), Office of Energy Statistics (OES), within U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). OES provides leadership and direction to EIA's energy supply and demand data collection program covering a wide range of information sources in order to support the analysis and dissemination of information through publicly available data and reports. PBS conducts data collection programs through the application of standard survey processes and coordinates EIA petroleum, natural gas, and biofuels information to assure that users and interested stakeholders fully understand the value and limitations of the information.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Survey Statistician you will:
- Oversee preparation and publication of EIA's Petroleum Supply Montly report, the Monthly Biodiesel Production report, and the high-profile Weekly Petroleum Status Report.
- Respond to intense interest and questions received from national/international press and myriad industry and financial analysts.
- Design and manage data and information collection programs for petroleum.
- Supervise professional employees, perform a full range of supervisory and related management functions.
25% or less - Overnight travel for training or conferences purposes only.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Agency Employees - Current Department of Energy (DOE) Federal employees with competitive status.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487794000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.