Experience your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service, as we prepare for a second century of Stewardship and Engagement. Become a part of our mission to connect with our past and create important connections to the future by building a rich and lasting legacy for the next generation of park visitors, supporters and advocates.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) in Boise, Idaho. Information about the Boise area can be found at www.boisechamber.org.
- Serves as the NPS program manager for aviation. Provides leadership and direction for NPS aviation programs, with specific emphasis on national aviation policy, standards and procedures.
- Responsible for policy, planning, directing, development and evaluation of a Service-wide aviation program.
- Identifies plans, mission statements, goals, and objectives.
- Serves as the primary service representative for determining funding formulas and other costs related services provided.
- Provides full range of technical and administrative supervisory responsibilities.
- Prepares reports on national level program activity, analysis results, and accomplishments.
- Serves as the NPS focal point to ensure aviation management policies reflect a high priority for aviation safety and risk management.
- Participates in high-level agency and interagency meetings and provide advice and develops recommendations that may be incorporated into national level interagency standards and operating procedures related to aviation resource use.
25% or less - Travel is required to attend trainings, conferences, workshops, and field visits.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…- All current or former federal employees with competitive/reinstatement
- CTAP/ICTAP eligibles within the local commuting area
- Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) Eligibles
- Persons eligible under Special Hiring Authorities
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487517600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.