A Unified Organization Working as One TeamLearn more about this agency
If you would like to be a part of a federal organization dedicated to serving our nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoDIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability, and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General, Deputy Inspector General for Administrative Investigations (AI), Investigations of Senior Officials Directorate (ISO.) ISO is responsible principally for the conduct and oversight of investigations into allegations against senior officials within the DoD. The Division also conducts reviews, surveys, and studies when required. As an Investigator you will be responsible for serving as a Senior Investigator within the ISO. In this capacity, you will conduct sensitive and complex senior official investigations into allegations against senior officials within the DoD, and special assignments as directed by the Director, ISO; the DIG-AI; or the Inspector General (IG) or Principal Deputy Inspector General.
As an Investigator GS-1810-14, your typical work assignment may include the following:
- Independently conducts sensitive, complex investigations into allegations involving senior DoD officials, and other special reviews as directed.
- Determines investigative issues and scope of each case from written documents.
- Produces written reports of investigation containing facts and evidence established in each case; an in depth analysis of the evidence in light of applicable law, rule and regulation; conclusions regarding the propriety of the action(s) at issue; and recommendations for appropriate corrective action.
- Conducts oversight reviews of senior official investigations conducted by Inspectors General of the Military Departments and Defense Agencies.
- Briefs DoD OIG management, other senior DoD officials, Members of Congress and their staffs on the status and results of investigations, oversight reviews, and special reviews.
Occasional travel - Up to 20% temporary duty (TDY) travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487442700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.