Note: Applicants who may apply include Permanent Competitive Service Federal Employees, Former Federal Employees, VEOA, or ICTAP Eligibles. Also, if selected, your salary will be set according to the established control points of this position which is $112,021 - $145,629 per annum.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Corporate Communications Department of Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division, Patuxent River, MD. The selectee will serve as a Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist, NM-1035-05, who will be responsible for developing and managing assigned communications program. He/she will also provide supervisory and organization management for subordinates in support of agency mission goals and objectives.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Plan, direct and integrate public affairs, strategic, internal and external communications and visual information services for Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division's Corporate Communications structure.
- Develop long-range public affairs goals and objectives for the agency.
- Establish new, revised or improved planning policies, practices and procedures for assigned program.
- Initiate and oversee preparations for release of appropriately cleared material for intended audiences, which is to be used in news releases, articles, statements, answers to press queries and other media sources.
- Oversee and provide speech writing services for higher level officials.
- Keep abreast of congressional interests relating to potential public affairs issues.
- Provide supervisory, administrative and technical support to assigned subordinates.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Permanent Competitive Service Federal Employees, Former Federal Employees, VEOA, or ICTAP Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487319100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.