The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.Learn more about this agency
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, Interpretive U. S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U. S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Public Affairs (OPA).
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a skilled Photographer responsible for capturing dynamic still and DSLR video imagery for standalone and social media usage, and for use with articles. Perform the full-range of photographic reproduction duties.
Promotion Potential: This position is being filled at the full performance level.
This position is also being announced through merit promotion procedures under Announcement DHSHQ18-10084709-OPA. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Merit Promotion procedures must apply to both announcements.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
As a Photographer GS 1060 12, your typical work assignments may include:
- Providing photographic services as required to accurately document the activities of the Department of Homeland Security, its people, and its mission.
- Using highly specialized photographic equipment to perform a variety of specialized still photography requirements
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends and development in the field of photography and DSLR videography through the professional society
- Performing precise photographic operations with electronically timed high speed cameras and exposures
- Working with principles and subjects to position scenes to maximize photographic impact.
- Managing and cares for photographic equipment, supplies, and materials
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All US Citizens View common definitions of terms found in this announcement (http://dhsconnect.dhs.gov/org/comp/mgmt/dhshr/hr/Documents/JOA_Common_Definitions.pdf)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487153900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.