This position is part of the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Joint Chiefs of Staff.Learn more about this agency
Mission Statement: The Joint Staff assists the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in accomplishing his responsibilities for: the unified strategic direction of the combatant forces; their operation under unified command; and for their integration into an efficient team of land, naval, and air forces. The Joint Staff is composed of approximately equal numbers of officers from the Army, Navy and Marine Corps, and Air Force. In practice, the Marines make up about 20 percent of the number allocated to the Navy.
As a Strategic Communication Analyst at the GS-0301-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serve as a Strategic Communication Analyst in the Director's Action Group which works directly for the Joint Staff's Director for Joint Force Development, a 3-Star Officer.
- Responsible for developing and uniting the Director's vision, strategy, and narratives into consistent and compelling messages for internal and external audiences via various communication venues.
- Lead/participate in strategic communication development and execution activities. Develop or assist in developing and integrating senior/executive-level briefings, correspondence, analyses, and external documents for the DJ-7.
-Oversee and manage the assembly of necessary background material for use during senior level meetings and conferences.
- Lead/participate in team synchronizing efforts or work individually managing processes and performing activities supporting the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Facilitate General Officer/Flag Officer/Senior Executive Service internal communications processes (e.g. meetings, document flows, staff collaboration activities) across multiple information technology mediums to facilitate and enable J-7 strategic engagement plans and activities.
- Advise leadership on a variety of organizational, joint, and national defense issues or problems including cost/benefit analyses, organizational design, process improvement, and changes to organizational policies and procedures that are out-of-date or not operating at a maximum efficiency.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487005400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.