This position is located in the Department of Mineral Sciences, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution. The purpose of this position is to perform scholarly and professional research and curation in that portion of the National Collection embracing the earth sciences in the field of mineralogy and makes contributions to the field of geology.Learn more about this agency
*The salary range listed above reflects the Museum's authorized salary range for this position.*
- Independently initiates, develops, and participates in research on minerals.
- Performs research consisting of systematic and original studies or series of studies that result in scholarly publications.
- Builds the collections in area of specialization through field work and acquisition of specimens and data.
- Prepares for publication scholarly reports of descriptive, analytical, and theoretical nature based on her/his own field work.
- Serves as consultant and expert adviser on professional matters in her/his area of expertise.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Excepted Service employees may also apply to the announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486938500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.