This position is located in the Department of Mineral Sciences, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution. The purpose of this position is to perform scholarly and professional research and curation in that portion of the National Collection embracing the earth sciences in the field of petrology, including collections of rocks and ores.Learn more about this agency
*The salary range listed above reflects the Museum's authorized salary range for this position.*
- Independently initiates, develops and personally participates in research and field work in petrology.
- Research consists of systematic and original studies or series of studies that result in scholarly publications.
- Through field work and acquisition of specimens and data, builds the collections in area of specialization.
- Prepares for publication of scholarly reports of descriptive, analytical, and theoretical nature based on her/his own field work.
- Serves as consultant and expert adviser on professional matters in her/his area of expertise.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Excepted Service employees may also apply to this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486936100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.